Life in Reverse

img_2825My life, like anyone else, has never been a bed of roses. I’ve been through thick and thin like any other. I sometimes receive compliments from people who assume I’m doing very well in life, but no one has a clue about my journey and struggle through many years that has brought me where I am. When I was a child, I was a very shy person, always kept to myself. It was both due to lack of interest, confidence, and a bit of fear I had in my mind.

img_1518
It was when I started living by myself during my teenage years that I learned to mingle around, but by then I had gained a good amount of weight, mostly due to my laziness. I remember my high school and college years when I would wear baggy pants and a loose T-shirt and rap to Eminem. I had no clue what to do with my hair or how to wear any kind of makeup. I never took in any interest in fashion or clothing, partly cause I thought it wasn’t meant for me. People used to assume I was much older than my actual age.

img_1492
It is the active lifestyle that I lived in college and the good food I had at my hostel that started to turn things around for me. By the time I joined my first job, I lost a decent amount of weight. I was still trying to get rid of the last bit of baby fat, and that’s when I got fascinated by the gym. Slowly, I kept exploring different ways to workout. When I switched to my next job, I took my workouts more seriously and learned to swim. I recently even started taking into a good amount of running and trekking. I realized how workouts or any other physical activities release healthy endorphins, which make you a happier person.

If I could transform from the depressing sloth, I was, to what I am today, anyone can. There are a few things to keep in mind if you want to grow as a person and live a more fulfilling life. We should rather spend more time watching sunsets or sunrises, and lesser on TV or YouTube. It’s okay to wake up early and run a few miles, rather than to wake up and not remember what happened the previous night. Spend more time talking to friends in person than just watching what they do on social media. Its better to be soar after a rigorous physical activity rather than to be soar without any activity. Once we appreciate things we have we’ll always find to achieve what we don’t. Treasure this amazing life we’ve been given!

If you could guess why I chose the topic do comment below and let me know πŸ˜‰… You could also let me know anything else you have in mind.

Advertisements

20 Comments Add yours

1. nivesmile says:

Amazing story Sudha, I am so proud of you, your journey through life is such a motivation!
    Stay positive and continue to soar great heights!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks a ton Nivedita 😊😊

2. Good to read that you gained so much of confidence and I’m very much pleased to know that you’ve completed half marathon recently. The above said words can actually be blessing in a disguise for somebody.
    Feeling proud to have a friend like you. Keep motivating keep inspiring.
    #soMuchToDoVeryLittleIsDone

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks a lot Hemant, active people like you are an inspiration to me as well

3. Thanigai says:

very nice, crisp and candid blog ..clearly signifies ur actually in reverse now πŸ™‚ from where u started as shy person… i feel that this blog is out of more self realization and guess ur in healthy state of mind .. these running and treks not only help u physically but mentally too…Keep going and stay positive and never give up !!

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks a lot for the motivation, will keep up πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

4. Preetha Ganapathy says:

Good one Sudha !! Some of your lines would make lazy people change their lifestyle .. πŸ‘πŸ»cheers πŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks Preetha 😊😊

5. Mangesh says:

Great Sudha…. amazing … very inspirational…. From now onwards you are our #FitnessGuru , Its just few days we are working together but I know you are one of the inspirational person who are excellent when it comes to fitness. I think everyone can reach to this milestone but to achieve this we have to be honest with it and requires lots of hardwork.

Keep it up πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ Sudha πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ #OurBlogger ✍️✍️ πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    Keep smiling.. πŸ˜„ ——– Sent From New MacBook Pro πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜œ (kidding😜)

Liked by 1 person

1. Haha πŸ˜‚ thanks a lot Mangesh: sent from an iPhone πŸ“±

Liked by 1 person

6. Seema Das says:

Superb it is.. able to relate many among it.. great going girl
    Kete it up..

Liked by 2 people

1. Sure Seema, thanks πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

7. kedawithani says:

This is very motivational. I know what lazy looks like…I’m looking at me right now…lol…oh boy,.. Thanks for the motivation.

Liked by 1 person

1. You’re most welcome

8. Karan says:

Just chanced upon your blog and liked it though my writings are not of this kind. Im more of a wanderlust and jot don my experiences wherever I go. You may like to check this out. https://footnotesbykaran.com/2015/12/10/madrid-musings-the-flamenco-dancer/

1. Thanks, will definitely check it out 😊

9. I could totally relate to this and can understand the journey you have had !! Change is the only constant and hence our lives should always be transforming.

1. True πŸ‘πŸ»

10. pia majumdar says:

Wow now that’s something, nice post πŸ™‚