The Travel Bug

The year has taken me places all over the country. It was only by the beginning of the year that I realised; I had the chance to stay at various places, but I wasn’t experiencing them like a traveler. By that I mean learning about its history and going around and doing stuff that locals would do. I knew that I loved to travel, but I never understood how to go about it.

We live in a country full of so many different traditions and cultures. I decided to explore and experience them as much as I could. So I started planning and took every chance I could to cover as much of the country as possible. Every plan any of my friends made I was in, and if that wasn’t the case, I would make one on my own.

It all started when I was deputed for work at Mumbai, I started traveling frequently to and from home at Bangalore and Pune. So I started making a list of places I wanted to visit and struck them off. I toured around few of the beautiful cities across the country like Amritsar, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune and Hyderabad. Every place I went, I only made more friends who loved traveling.

Each place had its own unique significance in my life. Shopping at Amritsar gave a color splash to my ethnic wardrobe. Food at Mumbai kept my cravings satisfied. Delhi has become my frequent stop for any Himalayan trek. After hanging out at cafes and lounges in Pune and Bangalore, I know they’re the best places to sit, chat and share stories with friends. Hyderabad will probably be my next frequent stop if I visit my parents.

Traveling frequently requires commitment and the willingness to take risks. On my way to Amritsar, my solo and unplanned experience, although I had to change four buses, out of which two broke down, it was worth the effort. Similarly, given the careless person I am, I forgot my wallet when I started for Hyderabad, thanks to my two friends who helped me and the ability to go cashless these days, I was back in one piece. Likewise, I dropped my phone in water while I was Bangalore (my bad), and I lived like the early men for about a month.

I also took every opportunity to explore hill stations wherever I got a chance, including Kullu, Manali, Wayanad, Lavasa, Lonavala, Mahabaleshwar, Majshej and hoping many more…

While writing this post, I’m on my way to the second highest plunge waterfall in the country, enjoying all the twists and turns. So all I can say is if you want to do something don’t wait for opportunities to come your way, just go for them whenever you can. The travel bug has bitten me, and I plan to keep going. Hope to share more stories in my future posts.

Advertisements

37 Comments Add yours

1. Kurian says:

Nice beautiful photos Sudha. Enjoy

2. Abhishek says:

It was worth reading. For some more to it, you should try for Uttarakhand & Himachal as a next destination. I will tell you the list 🙂

1. Sure I’ve been to Himachal, but yeah gotta explore Uttarakhand

3. Shruthi says:

Hey sudha
    It’s just awesome that you are travelling because that’s the part of life. Loved your post
    Keep travelling
    Join me too

1. Sure 👍🏻👍🏻

4. An itinerary is always motivational if it tells ur story. And yours is always worth sharing.. As always, again motivates me..

5. Mitali says:

Amazing piece!! M glad I could be part of some of those experiences .

6. MaNgEsH says:

Great … once again awesome blog..Keep it up…keeep travelling and would always like to part of these journeys #Travellers
    🤝✌️😃🚗

7. Vamsi says:

Your blog is soo motivational. Worth reading . Hope to join you atleast once by leaving my laziness aside.

8. Eshan Kapania says:

Amazing Article Sudha – Really Well compiled , reading it felt I too was part of the wonderful journeys and trekks 🙂
    Keep Travelling & living your life to the Fullest – Cheers !
    Regards

Liked by 1 person

9. amazing blog post! loving the photos too!

Liked by 2 people

10. arv! says:

Travel makes us Wiser

11. D. says:

Beautiful photos! 😀

Liked by 1 person

12. amazing places and great photos, i would love to visit this amazing place one day!

1. You should 👍🏻

13. Rupesh Nale says:

Very Nice blog written by you…. really appreciate your hobby. & love to watch the destinations you & adventure you treavelled.. keep doing well..

14. TechFlax says:

Beautiful and happy journey also

15. Beautifully penned and what lovely pictures to look at. 👌